linn sondek tt

Does anybody still buy this? I just noticed many of their old dealers are gone.i wonder why?
theoriginalthor1
The suspension drift problems, and hence the mindbogglingly difficult set up, were well documented. It is disingenuous to refer to it as a myth. Many older decks had dodgy top pressed steel plates that were prone to warping. Getting the suspension to bounce properly and stay that way for more than a few days on those was nigh on impossible.

The top plate was eventually replaced by a new strengthened one by Linn (third party ones are also available). These may well address some of the problems, I don’t know.

Therefore if you are considering buying a used top plate for your endlessly updated Thorens TD150, I mean Linn LP12, be very careful. A whole world of pain is waiting.

Far safer to get a new top plate, be it from Linn or some third party. Without a well set up suspension the LP12 can sound very, very ordinary.
@cd318  Once again another opinion from someone who probably doesn't own a Linn! Having owned one of these tables in various forms over the last thirty years, I have never had a problem with it 'drifting' out of set up. Not once! Linn owners who have had their table set up by anyone who knows how to do the job have also never had the issue.
Unfortunately, and as usual, there still are people who persist in putting in their 2 cents that really have no knowledge and thereby disseminate ongoing falsities. The Linn LP12 --particularly in its current guise, is certainly one of the victims of this behavior. Only question i have, is why Linn themselves don't step in and squash it? I guess these days they are too interested in selling their digital gear, too bad, IMO. 
@stringreen   Now we are getting somewhere with you. The truth comes out, LOL.
@tzh21y   why do you think that there are problems with the Linn set up....when we have folks considering the set up by looking at You Tube videos...Yikes! 
You now state that the LP12 Radikal was better, but it cost more?? Shouldn't it be better if it cost more, duh!
I spent lots of time taking my Linn back and forth to the Linn dealer.  ....never to stay put.  The only vinyl component I had more trouble with was the Helius Orion tonearm which had to be sent to England regularly for pivot issues.