Linn's advice about bi-amping; question

I have a Linn set-up including a Majik integrated amp, an LK85 power amp, a pair of Tukans and a pair of K400 bi-wired cables. I asked Linn about how best to bi-amp, and here was their reply:

To bi-amp Tukans remove the shorting link from the Treble/Bass terminals of the speakers. Remove the jumper from the pre out/power in jacks of the Majik. Hook interconnect cables from the pre out/power in jacks of the Majik to the LK85 input/outputs respectively. Then hook the speakers up to the amps with separate speaker wires.

It's the last part I'm not sure of. Does it mean that I will need a total of 4 pieces of K400 wire (i.e. 2 pairs), or am I saved by the fact that K400 is already bi-wired. Your advice appreciated.

Thanks.
kdl6769

Showing 3 responses by kdl6769

The instructions looked like bi-amping instructions to me (e.g. removal of jumpers).
My Tukans are nice, but the system lacks a little something in the lower registers. Will biamping give me noticeably more bass? Will going "active"? I'd prefer not to have to go get a sub right now.

Thanks.
Your biamping instructions were perfect, although I had to cannibalize a pair of interconnects from my tuner (how much are Linn analog inteconnects??). The sound is a bit fuller and the bass a little more pronounced, but I wouldn't say I notice an overwhelming improvement. If anything, the high end got slightly more harsh at louder volumes. Overall, though, a good imptovement. I'm looking forward to going Aktiv. By the way, are the Aktiv cards specific to the speaker or to the amp -- I keep seeing ads for speaker-specific Aktive cards.

Kirk