Linn majik ds + mark levinson 360 vs akurate ds

Greetngs...

I think I have seem several thread silimar to this one.. But I can't seem to find the one with the dac i own..

I have compelete Mark Levinson system with 23.5 + 26s + 360, and this is because I love the sonic quality and characteristics that mark levinson combination offer.

Like many of you most of my sources are now stored in files, and I am planning to get a Linn ds.

I have narrowed down my options to majik and akurate, (not ds1). It seems i cannot use my ml360 if i go with akurate, and as we know the price difference is quite big...

Majik and Akurate both have built in dac, and I am guessing the big price comes from the quality of this built in dac. Just by looking at the transport ability.. would there be a big difference?

I would be very confident with my choice of majik + 360, if I can have assurance that their digital processing mechanism is indifferent.

It would be great to hear some opinions from the linn experts.

Thank you..
znwy79

Showing 1 response by larryng

If I understand you correctly , you want to use the Digital out from DS , if then , no diffference between both as the motherboard in both the Majik & Akurate DS is the same , just balance dac on Akurate , whether ML 360 is a better sounding dac than Akurate is depending on your taste .