Linn LP-12 Configurations for a Newbie

Hello and thank you for your input.

I am confident that this topic has been discussed ad nauseum on this forum, as well as many others. Nonetheless, I haven't owned vinyl or a turntable in about 20 years and would appreciate the collective insights of others.

I recently purchased a second hand LP-12 Sondek (Cirque 1970s). The turntable was upgraded in the early 1980s with a valhalla power supply and nirvana suspension. The unit has a basik tonearm, as well as a K-18mII cartridge. Obviously, sonic improvements would come from a better tonearm and a MC cartridge.

My question, however is as follows. Based upon people's past experience, what are some recommended upgrades that I ought to consider and why? Other have told me that the newer cirkus units sound "too much" like CD players (which I would like to avoid). What are some of the more "musical" configurations that other's have heard that optimizes the LP-12's strentghts?
gechta

Showing 1 response by offbeat777

Visit http://www.hifi-repairs.com/ and click 'Linn'. You will get what you want. They offer Cirkus upgrade and other upgrade services include supplying new suspension + gromet and bearing oil. Good Luck!