Linn klimax solo vs klimax chakra twin

Hi

Talked to a dealer of linn and he proclamid that the solos where much superior to the klimax chakra twin.
Well he must say that bcause the cost twice as much.

However somthing that puzzels the solos are 8 year old amps and do not have the newest chakra teknologi
the chakra twin is a product from 2005 with the new chakra teknology.

Since i dont need brutal powwer for my higly efficent speaker wouldent the klimax chakra twin be the way to go ?

regards
tda2200

Showing 12 responses by jaf2290

look forward to it!!! now stop looking out your window for the fedex truck! haha
Tda,
What kind of speakers are they? do you have other linn gear as well? do you plan to take the speakers activ, or bi/tri amp'ed? ive heard both the solos and the chakra twin on akurate 212 with klimax kontrol, magic cd. the twin is the best 2 channel amp ive heard...the solos are great, and are indeed better...i think the twin is underrated perhaps...the solos get a lot more press becasue when activ and using solos..if someone can afford activ klimax amps...then why not go for the solos vs the twin...heck whats another 30K!!! either amp is amazing..the solo is just SO strong...but yet effortless... i think your source and other gear as well as your upgrade plans (if any) will determine which way to go. good luck
just one other thing to consider...are you certain your going to keep you speakers for a long long time and not want to upgrade....not that they great speakers, but im sure you may be a bit like the rest of us and get crazy upgrade bug...so if you move up, will the twin still do it for you? id love to have a pr of solos running sf anniversairy speakers....thats got to be heaven!!
Tda,
Congrats!! youve made a wise choice. Ive also read that the later model solos are better than early..so a 2002 model should be great!!! love to hear your feedback
sorry for the delay...was out of town....Linn even states that they are always seeking to optimize performance in their products, even throughout product lifecycle...but not states as "upgrades". even linn Klout amplifier, their previous flagship amp, the later ones were better than earlier ones... just how much are you standing to save on a 2000 set vs 2002? you can also get the serial# and give it to Linn for a history of the unit
let me see if there are any on linns ex-dem list...these all have Linns warranty, and are always in great shape...a friend of mine has access to it, and he is in the UK. ive already sent him an email asking if there are any solos available. ill let you know.
tda,
as they say on your side of the river CHEERS!!!
the solos are unreal! i have an all linn system, activ with 200w chakras, and akurate 212s, the bookshelf standmounted ones...i had a chance to hear the 212s with a pr of solos and it was nothing short of wonderful!! and that was at a dealer, which we all know dealer demos are very difficult, and i actually Never make a decison based on one..i either go with my gut, and if it doesnt work out, sell it, or demo at home. what preamp do you have? where r u located? please please post your findings once installed
Tda,
not sure you stated, if you did i forgot, but what is your preamp? of all my linn gear that i own, and of all ive heard, the Klimax Kontrol is by far the best piece Linn makes..youll find that not only Linn fans, but just about everyone finds this pre to be reference level/quality. of course a perfect mate for the solos..
Tda,
well....its been a few weeks....any update...did you receive the amps yet? anxious to hear your feedback
Silver is a MUST, especially for Klimax Amps. very nice improvement over linn black. new they are 400usd i think, but second hand you can get a pr for half that, at most. look forward to your update
Tda,
the neutrik connection is at the amp..speaker end of the cable is whatever you need it to be