Linn Klimax Kontrol and Chakra 500 Twin, how good?

I am looking into buying a used set of Linn Klimax Kontrol and Chakra 500 Twin, I am fasinated by Linn's slim profile, sleek looks, design technolodgy; I have read several good reviews, but do not have chance to audition them. My main concern is that if the amp--rated 100W into 8 ohms--has enough power to drive my 86db Dynaudio C1 speakers? I know that the Linn 500 Solo(s) would have sufficient power, but the cost of getting the mono blocks is out of question. I would appreciate any oppinion and suggestion.
wenrhuang

Showing 2 responses by wenrhuang

Thank you guys for your input!

I have no way of doing an audition on the Klimax set, as none of my local Linn dealers carry them. I guess the only way to find out for sure is to buy them.

My current amp is a Gryphon Callisto 2200, according to the description of Linn's sound from your guys, I would expect Linn's sound will be leaner, but hopfully faster and more transparant. The Twin has only about half of the on-paper rated power than the Gryphon, but the Klimax set costs more than double, it will be interesting for me to compare.

I am shopping for a used set of Klimax, so in case it does not work out, I will be able to sell them w/o too much loss. I am also hoping my Wadia 270SE transport and Reimyo DAC would help out a Linn's set in warmth and weight. Again, There is only one way to find out!