Linn Keltic speakers

I am considering an "upgrade" from Linn 5140 for my main speakers to Linn Keltics. Any experience with these speakers? I once heard a system at a show with Keltics for the mains and 5140 for the rear surrounds and many people expressed that they thought the sound was the best in the show. I use a Yamaha 3090 for the processor ( soon to be upgraded to Meridian 561) and Adcom 5802 amps. If I go with the Keltics I will power them with Linn Klout amps in active mode.
sdarm2f9b

Showing 1 response by topper7368

LINN SOUND I do not think that the technology is an issue. Having 4 amps power your speakers with active crossovers is a sound technological principle. The problem is the LINN sound. LINN claims that what you are hearing is a sound so neutural that you have to get used to it. Well, I dunno about that. I realy dont like the sound of LINN's speaker systems. I prefer the Keldih's to any other speaker that they make. Unfortunately, Nobody else makes LINN Ready speakers so when you junk your speakers you have to junk your electronics which is a huge waste. There are many manufacturers of Good Bi ampable speaker systems that to my ears sound superior to LINN's full blown active systems. I prefer my 1100.00 3A MM's to anything LINN makes and I've tried TRI Amped kabers and BI Amped Keldihs in my system over the years. This is a strange phenomenon because everything else LINN makes is realy great for the money stuff in my opinion. Maby LINN needs to build some more North Americanized speakers. Not everybody lstens to Audiophile Classical Music LP's.
More to discover