Linlai E 6sn7 tubes

I just placed an order for a pair of these for my Aric Audio Motherlode II.  I’ve been chatting with a fellow that runs the E 6sn7 in his Don Sachs pre. He loves them, He says they make his NOS tubes sound thin and lifeless.  
    It will be a couple weeks until I receive them,and I was curious if anyone out in Agon land has tried these,and what are your impressions?   
Thanks in advance,

Ray

128x128rocray

@coachpoconnor do the Linlai 6SN7 fit down in the top cover hole and seat down fully seated in your SLP-98?

I may end up putting my other new spare premium set of PSVANE CV181s / 6SN7 up for sale as i’m now seeing they may not be fully seated down inside in SLP98 my preamp to the base I don’t know if its an issue or not. The first pair sounds great, yet not sure if this could create problems. Curious if the Linlai are as wide at the base too. Prefer not to modify my top plate hole cutouts to make them fit down in further. 

Dan sent back my first pair. They are still noisy. Too noisy for me to play. I'll try replacing my resistor in the preamp this week and try them again to see if that affects them, but it shouldn't.

@bugredmachine Glad you received the tubes today, there has to be something going on with the pre-amp. Just a shame you have to go thru all of bull for them you work. Remember I only put a total of 2 hrs. on them. 

I'm still looking for the correct tube saver for me to pull the trigger on the Linlai.

danmar123

134 posts

@bugredmachine Glad you received the tubes today, there has to be something going on with the pre-amp. Just a shame you have to go thru all of bull for them you work. Remember I only put a total of 2 hrs. on them.

I’m still looking for the correct tube saver for me to pull the trigger on the Linlai.

We’ll see if that resistor comes into play. Due tomorrow.

What about these tube savers? I ordered 4, due this week:

Socket Saver - 8-Pin, for reducing wear and tear on tube sockets | Antique Electronic Supply (tubesandmore.com)

If others aren't having hiss issues, I can just sell them if my resistor change does not help.