Linlai E 6sn7 tubes

I just placed an order for a pair of these for my Aric Audio Motherlode II.  I’ve been chatting with a fellow that runs the E 6sn7 in his Don Sachs pre. He loves them, He says they make his NOS tubes sound thin and lifeless.  
    It will be a couple weeks until I receive them,and I was curious if anyone out in Agon land has tried these,and what are your impressions?   
Thanks in advance,

Ray

128x128rocray

@bugredmachine I am not any EE, but do have mostly bespoke built Valve equipment, yours is a good call on a defect possibly to be discovered in the circuit. Whatever might prove to be the cause, as it is seemingly able to cause two Tubes to offer a similar level of interference on either channel, if a fault is found,  it will potentially be a similar condition found on both channels. 

Hopefully the E 6SN7 will present as described by others if a circuit fault is found and corrected.

On a different thought pattern, I have a Valve Phonostage, that has been Tube Rolled and has Vintage Mullard E88CC Tubes in use.

I learnt in the recent past, that a socket adaptor can be used to allow for the use of a 6SN7 Tube. I am now thinking a socket adaptor coupled to a offset adaptor as in use by others with oversized Tubes will be a small outlay to enable a extension of the use of the Tube Trialing beyond the Power Amp' and include the Valve Phon' in the trials. The owned selection of 6SN7's inclusive of the 'to be purchased' Linlai 'E', are perfect as Donors. The method to use adaptors will enable the use of KR VT 231 and the Linlai 'E' to be swapped for their positions in the Power Amp and Phon' to see if a configuration is improved over another, I am not able with owned Items able to have both devices coupled with the same Brand Tubes.

Is there more to extract from the already very much enjoyed Power Amp and   Phon', Hmmmm?

Received my replacement pair from China and FINALLY, they are almost completely hiss-free. Magnitudes better than the other 2 pairs I have tried.

While I was getting 8 inches of hiss on all my other tubes, these are about 20 inches, evenly so left and right, and not heard from my seating position. Yippee.

And pretty friggin' good too. Tremendous body to all instruments. Saxes jump right out at you. Have them paired with the Shunguangs right now but I prefer the Full Music and will try those tomorrow in the second seat.

@bugredmachine, so glad this pair is operating correctly.  I’m sure I can speak for others, looking forward to your impressions after burn in. Enjoy!

Ray 

My Linlai E-6sn7's came Friday and I've been running them 24/7 since then. They are very much an improvement from the stock tubes that came with my Cary SLP-98. My results are very similar to other accounts. This evening some 3-dimensionality arrived..very nice! I've placed them in the front position of my preamp and am toying with the idea of purchasing another pair for the buffer position. 

@bugredmachine Have them paired with the Shunguangs right now but I prefer the Full Music and will try those tomorrow in the second seat.

bugredmachine, that's what I've been doing too with my TJ Full Music in the rear spots on the 98. Psvane in front spots.  I've been experimenting with also putting lower cost re-issue tubes in the rear slot too, thus saving all the good tubes for the two front spots. Still undecided if the higher cost TJFM or Psvanes in the rear spots are added benefit to the sound or not.  Will be curious to read about your findings on this topic after you have tested some more. Thanks.