Linear Tracking or Not?, Any Experiences and Recs

I am considering the advantange of a linear tracking tonearm compared to a bearing or unipivot arm. From my uderstanding there is no arm that can compare. Is this true. Does this make the top of the current arms not worth considering. Are there any cartridge that will reject or demand the use of a linear tracking arm. From what I understand some carridges won't work on a linear tracking arm, as well as several turntables.
dgad

Showing 2 responses by sirspeedy70680e509

Yes they require attention,yet when all is set properly there is NO comparison to any type of pivot design.More relaxed and open,with better harmonic structure.Basically,lower distortion!I'm referring to the better(unfortunately,pricey)designs,like Air Tangent,Kuzma,Walker,Rockport.

BTW-I have a pivot,unfortunately.

Best rtegards.
My friend has been using an Air Tangent for about ten years.There has been no problems,whatsoever.He does not have a table with a vacuum system,yet the sound is absolutely stunning.Clearly a cut above any pivot I've ever heard.I'm intimately familiar with his set-up,and can attest to the fact that,though a linear arm needs some extra attention,there is NOTHING that has the ebb and flow of music,like an arm,of this type.I only wish I had the time to deal with the issues involved in it's care and feeding!

Best regards!