Line Mangnetic CD player 515. Tube rolling .

"Line Mangnetic".   Hahaha. Sorry I can't edit the heading.

Hi team... I’ve bought a cd515 and it’s fantastic. It uses 6KZ8 tubes in the output stage. I have some Nos RCA knocking around and I wondered if anyone has made any improvements to their player by tube rolling. It sounds very good with the stock tubes and I’m happy to the point where I may just leave it alone. Unless of course someone has different ideas.... Thoughts please.

Thanks very much.....
borg7x9

Hey borg....I'm thinking of getting a LM 515.  Did you ever do any tube rolling and if so, what do you think? 

Thanks.......

Hi there, I've been so happy with it that I decided to leave it alone. I have done extensive tube rolling with my 518Ia and that's made incremental benefits. I've never been happier with my stereo end to end. Both the CD player And my TT are sounding the best I've ever heard them.  
borg7x9:

Congratulations on your 515 CD player. I hope you will consider changing the main power fuse to a Synergistic Research Black fuse. This change will really allow your player to reach it's full potential. They are sold with a 30 day trial - money back guarantee. Easy to order via the internet at High- End Electronics, Appley Valley, Calif. or from The Cable Company, New Hope, Penn.

I think you will hear a bigger improvement than from tube rolling!

David Pritchard
Hi David and borg7x9:  I too just got a LM 515 CD player (and I also have the LM 518i amp).  This CD player is excellent and sounds so great paired with the 518. It doesn't seem to get much "press" but I can tell you it blows my Marantz away.  Very rich and full overall and much more bass extension. My VPI Prime is starting to collect a little dust since I hooked it up (I plead temporary insanity). I agree the stock tubes sound very nice and I don't have a major urge to change them out. 

But David...why would just changing out a fuse be such an improvement?
borg7x9:
as a LM 518 owner would like to ask you about tube rolling on this amp: briefly and in general, what do you recommend?
many thanks for answering
foe,
I have the 518 and swapped in :; NOS Mullard 5AR4 rectifier, NOS Phillips 6L6GCs, NOS GE 12AX7s or Tungsol 5751s- they took the amp to a whole new level. I generally prefer the slightly lower gain of the 5751 to 12ax7 in this amp. I am still using the stock 845s
hia guys, I rolled in some nos GE 6L6 and some Nos philips sq miniwatt 12ax7. i tried some nos philips rectifiers 60s age. but preferred  the original ( surprisingly). I also liked the original 845s over the psvane we845s . The GE6L6 gave me a nice bottom end improvement. And the philips 12ax7 gave me a lovely smooth, but still sparkly top end. it’s a great amp.