Line Magnetic 219ia & 518ia tube rolling

Hi everyone,

I luckily have both of these amps. I am in heaven with both. But as is the nature of the hobby I'm wondering if there is another level. I'd like tube advice. I'm planning to swap out the 12ax7s with RCA black plates or Telefunken smooth plates. Any other significant swaps that you can recommend?

Thanks,
Michael 
128x128michaelkingdom
Wow you have two great amps. I have the 216ia (push pull). Don’t know if I would not work to change speakers or source to upgrade sound. Just a thought not knowing what you have.

BTW I have tried NOS GE, RCA and Sylvania tubes with great luck. Also swapped in Genelex Gold Lions KT88s....they are very good.

I have the 518Ia  - I swapped in NOS Tungsol 5751s, NOS Mullard 5AR4 and NOS GE 6L6GCs - took the amp to a whole other level
Fantastic. I spoke with Brendt Jessee who said the Full Music branded 300b and 845s the 219ia ships with are very high quality. Apparently the area to improve on the 219 is the 12ax7s and the 310As. Will be interesting. The amps sound amazing with the stock tubes, I would just be playing with the sound to see where I can go.