Line Conditioner - Small (3 outlets or less)

Any thoughts on a small conditioner for front-end gear?

mjmch2003

Showing 6 responses by mjmch2003

The small CPT models look really cool - unfortunate about the captive power cable, though.

Thank you for the suggestions..!

Thanks for all the feedback, folks. I like the idea of the Audience, but my outlets are mounted horizontally and would not accommodate the weight of my cables into the RP2.

@sbrownnw I called Emotiva to ask them why the CMX-2 doesn't have surge suppression and the fell I spoke with (super nice guy) said it would be current limiting - having been an owner and fan of the PS Audio Ultimate Outlet, I'm psyched to get the Emotiva into my rig and see how it sounds..It's very similar filtering.

Did you notice any sonic improvements?

The price is redic cheap...
 Clarifying question: Which Power Core Technologies product has 3 OR LESS outlets?

Any pic I can find is either something that looks like a cord with a box or a standard looking line conditioner.

Much appreciated..!
Quick update from the OP....

So, I bought the Emotiva CMX-2 and it's being fed by a Shunyata Alpha HC power cord to power my front end - DAC and CD player (also hooked up with Shunyata PCs).

First impressions on build quality: This this built like tank. At least as solid as the PS Audio Juice Bar and Ultimate Outlets that I have owned. It does, however look "pro-audio" but the WAF seems to be higher than that of the Ultimate Outlet or "white box" as it has been referred to. 

Sound quality: sounds like nothing at all as far as I can tell.

Thoughts on value: This is *exactly* what I was looking for (2 outlets) and at the price, seems like a total steal (DC offset..!! and non limiting conditioning..!!).

Thanks all for the suggestions..!