Like female vocals - Check out Cold Specks

Nothing else to say, just check her out and let us know what you think. 
jetson
Love Susan Tedeschi

Years ago I saw Susan Tedeschi and Buddy Guy warming up for Johnny Lang in Stanhope, NJ on what happened to be Buddy’s Birthday. Yes, you read that right, Buddy Guy was opening for Johnny Lang! Nothing against Johnny Lang, he was very respectful saying he didn’t deserve to bring Buddy picks, and inviting him onstage during his set.  Anyway, Susan Tedeschi was awesome. Her band was good- this was before she joined up with Derek Trucks, but she was awesome. 
Funny story....walking out of the show I overheard a woman commenting to her daughter: “I really liked the black guy.” I couldn’t help myself, I said “Well, the ‘black guy’ was Buddy Guy, a guitar legend that Eric Clapton once referred to as “the best guitarist in the world.”
As much as I found her reference a bit repulsive and condescending, I had to appreciate her taste. 
Well, Buddy Guy is a "black guy" so I don’t see anything condescending about that....but being at a concert and not knowing who he is, well, that’s just pitiful....

Edit: Thanks for the references to some of Neko's other songs. I'll definitely look them up.
@jetson (and any other interested parties)...
Specks was on Moby’s Innocents album (Tracks 2 & 10)...possibly old news.

Another female vocalist you might enjoy:
Dionne Bennett of Slowly Rolling Camera
You all need to come over to the ongoing music threads. Happy to have you there!
I’ve been listening to the Cold Specks for a while. I searched them out after tracking down the artists on Moby’s great album “Innocents”. I highly recommend checking it out. Here’s a Tidal link...

https://tidal.com/album/34513861