Lightweight tablet suggestions

I'm new to streaming and thoroughly enjoy it.  However, my old 10 inch tablet is rather heavy and cumbersome when making selections.  I would be curious to know what others are using.  My inclination is toward a 7-8 inch tablet with plastic housing if anyone is aware of one.  I would use it only as a dedicated remote control for streaming.
Ag insider logo xs@2xyowser
Good suggestion on the iPad Mini.  I've always been put off by Steve Jobs/Apple but as a remote control, it will give me a chance to see what I've been missing.  Who knows, maybe I'll be a convert!  I'll check it out.  I'll never forget an early iPhone model that lost reception when it was held a certain way.  Steve Jobs response was a snarky "don't hold it that way".
i use an 8" kindle fire for my kitchen system--you can pick one up for 70 bucks or so. good interface; wifi or bluetooth streaming works fine
My iPad MIni 4 works well with Tidal. They're available refurbished on Amazon and other places for $100 or less, with a 90 day warranty from Amazon. 
 carpathian nicknames the john (toilet) the Jim. That way he can say he goes to the Jim every morning. 😄