Life after Rotel RX 1052

I've had a Rotel RX-1052 receiver as my main amplifier for music for 10 years, driving entry-to-mid range (mostly B&W) speakers. 
Needless to say it has satisfied me for a long time, enough so that I never felt the need to replace it with a true integrated, or a pure stereo amp.
I'm looking for a stereo amp recommendation on what my next step up should be. I don't have a ton to spend (1500 - 2000 USD), but I'm willing to spend money on something that will be a clear upgrade in fidelity.
Some considerations:
- Music choice is varied. Quite a bit of electronic / electronic-infused music, balanced by jazz / funk. Some heavy rock.
- I have a second setup that is decidedly not modern, with a selection of 70's Technics, and Nikko amps driving Rectilinear Research III High Boys - I tend to listen to most acoustic music with vocals on that setup.
- I'll be soon using the amp with Sonus Faber Venere 2.5s.
- Maybe keeping the RX 1052 as my pre-amp could be an option?
- Source is split evenly between vinyl and digital streaming.

Expand my horizons!

128x128absolutlahmi

Showing 1 response by jafant

absolutlahmi

Another +vote for an Integrated amp. There are plenty of options in the demo/used marketplace. Back in the 2000's I enjoyed Rotel electronics as well. Keep us posted on your purchase decision.

Happy Listening!