Lexicon RV8 vs McIntosh MHT200: best for 2 chnl?

Have N803/HTM1/DS7 setup with Pioneer vsx49tx. Want to improve overall sound quality, especially in 2 channel. I'm also considering separates, but that's a "separates" discussion (pun intended). Between these two, what's your opinion regarding SQ? I don't care about HDMI, video switching (I go direct into tv) or any new codecs or whatever you call them. I just want great sound from redbook CDs, some SACD/DVDA, and good old DD and DTS movies. Appreciate any opinions to help me decide. Thanks...Jeff
jeffkad

Showing 1 response by jeffkad

Thanks guys. I'm still debating between separates and the Mac mht 200. Can't seem to pull the trigger (a little paralysis by analysis). Arthur, that's some progression you've gone through. I see that you also had the MA6500 in your system. What did you think of that unit. I came very close to buying a used one before I got crazy and began overanalysing this. I was going to run it sidecar to my HT system, probably via a Niles amp switcher, so I could have two systems in one. Curious what you thought of it? Thanks...Jeff