Levinson 39 vs Bricasti M1

I got the Levinson bug recently and got a #39 processor/player.  And a 38S pre.  I’ve been using a CEC TL1 with the Bricasti for years.  Great combo.

i was only planning on using the 39 as a transport.  I got a great deal.  Cheaper than the 37 (transport only).

Anyway, I was shocked that the 39, as a player, sounded nearly (and in some cases) identical to the Bricasti.  I have A/B’d dozens of times and the 39 is so close that I’m considering selling the Bricasti and getting a 360s D/A.  I can use my M2tech Evo for USB connectivity.  I realize I won’t be able to play newer hi-rez formats but that’s not a priority for me.

Just wanted to share.

P.S.  My Bricasti has the upgraded power supply but not latest firmaware.

marty97x
P.S.  I’ve been exclusively listening through tubes for past 25 years.  This high end Solid State thing is new to me.  And I dig it.  
I read that both the 39 and Model 1 have a true balanced signal path
Impossible for the 39, look at page 3 pin 11/14 it the only current output, and it’s single ended for one channel to the I/V opamp. Anything after that is going to be "pseudo xlr" made up by another opamp to create it. I would rather no have that in the signal path, so the single ended output should be better.
http://www.lampizator.eu/lampizator/LINKS%20AND%20DOWNLOADS/DATAMINING/1702%20dac.pdf

The M1 Bricasti yes, it's the other way around as it's dac chip has + and - outputs so it's balanced. Trouble is it's Delta Sigma conversion which I feel is not as good as R2R Mulitbit like the 39 for converting PCM Redbook 16/44 and 24/96.  

Cheers George
Hey George.  You are too far in the tech weeds for me to keep up.  I don’t doubt the technical aspects of what you’re saying.  I’m just reporting what I’ve heard.

But I like coming along for  the tech deep dive.  Know anything about the Sonic Frontiers SF-D2?  I have a mk.1 and mk.2.  Both busted.  I’ve heard the chips are near unobtainium.  
I have a mk.1 and mk.2.  Both busted.  I’ve heard the chips are near unobtainium.
   Yep, if it's been confirmed those Ultra Analog d to a converters have bit the dust, then I'm afraid you have what used to be very nice expensive dacs, that have now progressed to be very nice expensive door stops. RIP

Cheers George 
Post removed