Levinson 383 vs. Rowland Concentra

I recently purchased my first set of "high-end" audio equipment. A pair Merlin Systems VSM floorstanders. I had become obsessed with the Dynaudio Contour series because of the ubiquitous acclaim they seem to have spawned. I got a great deal for the Merlins and it seemed like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity so I scooped them up. They are sitting patiently in my basement as I decide on which integrated solid-state amp to purchase.

I intend to listen to a wide variety of recordings, usually at civilised volume levels and I am hoping that one of you fellow audiogoners, based on your experience with either the Mark Levinson 383 or the Jeff Rowland Concentra I or II, can recommend a match for the speakers mentioned above.

I also hope to scoop up a digital source sometime next year, probably a Linn.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

BTW. Listening Room is not Large, but not tiny either.
cagliostro

Showing 1 response by cagliostro

I appreciate the quantity of the feedback I've gotten so far, and the quality even more. Especially from you guys that have owned both.

05-22-04: Tlday
***********You may want to also check out the MF 300 Trivista Integrated. Its a killer.**********

I haven't heard the MuFi Trivista, but I know that their Limited Edition products are wicked - but they make very few of them and dealers often hike up their prices due to this.

Judging from your responses, I would assume the Rowland is closer to what I'm looking for. I guess I'll wait for the Concerto.

I still hope many others will drop their two pennies worth on this matter - I believe there are hundreds of other rookies like myself who will have to decide between these great integrateds...

Thanks Again.