Levinson 36 to 360s help needed

Hi everyone,

my current systems are
Gear = Levinson 36, 37, 380S and 333
Speakers = Totem The One
Cables = Cardas Golden Ref + Golden Cross
Power = Hydra 8

Thinking of upgrading the DAC to 360s, at close to doubling the cost of 36....Sonically would it be of much difference? if so in what way?

Thanks everyone!
chantank

Showing 1 response by chantank

Thanks for all the inputs...I decided with the upgrade to 360s yesterday. My initial listening yesterday voiced all your inputs that it’s considerably better than the 36. I’m very happy with the upgrade.

The last point mentioned Raquel is an interesting one to me as I logically, completely agree and believes that with all technology this holds true (Newer version with higher computation power should be better at lower cost) but as you know buying HiFi (at least for me is part emotion so I guess I still like that old charm of the Levinson of separting DAC and Transport.

The only updated info. I’ve found re 360S is from Steroephile website where they did a comparison of all the high end DAC (Think it was in Mid 2003) and based on the reviewer comments the Levinson is still on top but again this was 5 years ago. Not sure how it holds up now with the best today.

Thanks again all!

Kris