Levinson 33h or 336?

I have been shopping for amps to match up with my WP6's and Levinson #32 preamp (stepped up from 380s). I have listen to Krell, Mcintosh, Pass and prefer Levinson. However I have listen to the 33h but have been told the 336 is so close sonically to them it is scary. I am trying to get an audition to hear for myself but having trouble. Though this would be a good place to start for an opinion.
rjr1

Showing 1 response by egrady

I have a 335, a CAT Ultimate and WP 5.1's. I'm very happy with them. I can tell you the 335 is a step above the 333 which I compared head to head. If you believe the advertising the newer dual mono single chassis amp's have improvements from what they learned in developing the Reference 33.

While I've never heard the 33H I'm sure it's better than the 336. At your level of equipment are you sure the $6000 difference(used)is material? If you got the 336 and saved the money, won't you still be second guessing yourself even if you like the 336, which you most certainly will! If you had the 380S you'd have a harder decision but given your assault on state of the art why stop short now?