Levinson 335 or Parasound JC 1's

I have recently purchased a pair of Revel Studio v.1's!! I have always wanted to own a pair of these!! Now I am looking for the right amp to match with them. I know they need alot of power so I feel the amps that I have chosen will do the job. I have never heard either amp before but have done extensive research and read several reviews on both. (I belive in the stereophile review of the levinson 335 the studios were used) I would be greatful if anyone who has heard the Studios on either one of these amps could give me any advice. I would also be open to considering another amp under 4k used if they have amazing synergy. I will eventually be purchasing a Audio Research Ref 3 as my preamp and the Audio Research cd5.

My main listening is usually at low to moderate levels. The music I listen to is R&B, Jazz, pop and a little bit of rock and roll thrown in every now and then.

Let me thank you in advance for any advice.
Ag insider logo xs@2xbrandonosman23

Showing 1 response by ellyjr

I had ML335 and ML336 now I have the JC1's and very happy with them. They are both great amps. They both have tremendous bass, midrange they are about the same, maybe the ML335 is a little sweeter, highs I think the JC1's is a bit clearer and more extended. Levinson amps have cap issues, and they are costly to repair. I think you should audition the JC1's, you will not be disappointed. they won't have no trouble driving your Revel's.