Lets replace my Klipsch La Scala Speakers

So after 2 years of trying to make them work, they just aren't the speaker for me. Here is some detail so you can help me decide what to move to next.

My room is untreated and 12X13X12
Sources: Vinyl and Dac both tube driven
Preamp and amps are all Tube Driven
Amps are: SET 7 watt and 2 different push pulls 20 watts from one and 60ish from the other
Music : Blues,Classic Rock, Indie, Some modern, some heavier rock ,and just discovering how good Jazz can be

I have tried:
solid state amps,crites crossovers, ALK corn-scal-wall crossovers, svs subs added,horn loaded subs added, Schiit Loki in line, toed in toed out. Corner loaded, pushed together, I even moved my room 90 degres to try and get a better sound out of them. Trust me I have tried it all.

Here is what I liked:
Huge soundstage 
You are there live at times when listening
Love being able to hear the detail they offer
Love the bass when present

Here is what I disliked:
They can get shrill quick 
They are so revealing music can sound just bad (I realize that should be a positive, but it isn't)
Very bass shy
They aren't "warm" at all. There is no real thickness to the mids. Detail, but not thick.

We are going to sell this house eventually so I do not want to invest a bunch on treatments for the room. I have 2 other speakers that can be run. Some older Polk Monitor 7A that are actually pretty impressive, and could have the crossovers updated and a few other things to really make them shine if I wanted to. I realize they aren't a Hi-Fi speaker but they are balanced and warm/musical. The other option is the Decware DM947 speaker system. It's good and fairly new to me so I haven't decided to keep or move them down the road. So far they are laid back with some nice sparkle. They image really well and are very forgiving of the room and the recording I am listening to. 

So let's hear it! What did you replace your Klipsch speakers with, or what are you using that matches what I am after. 

128x128pioneerhip
And for the record, I would not switch to anything mentioned above. I would need to spend much more, to give me more. As far as a rock speaker, there is not a type of music that my system cannot handle, from low level late night listening to...….whatever. I say this. I immerse myself in the music, not thinking of what change to make next. This is an amazing, and grateful place to be, in this audio journey of ours. For " what I want ", in my current listening environment, there is nothing that can do, " for me ", what my Lascalas can do ( except for the new Lascala AL5s, with my Dynamat mods ). I hope others can feel the same way about their listening rooms.
@roberjerman:

No.  Sorry.

LIsten to them in the Mark Levinson HQD system (if you can find one) and see if you still feel that way.

All electrostatics have HUGE technical issues that simply can't currently be solved.  Try your Magnepan dealer, please, and listen to them SIDE BY SIDE, please.  Thank-you.
You can try Altec speakers on vintage market, like co-axial 604 and 605 or 15 inch bass driver + big metal horn: Model 19, Valencia, Corona,...

>"Here is what I liked:
>Huge soundstage
>You are there live at times when listening
>Love being able to hear the detail they offer
>Love the bass when present"
>Here is what I disliked:
>They can get shrill quick
>They are so revealing music can sound just bad (I realize that should be >a positive, but it isn’t)
>Very bass shy
>They aren’t "warm" at all. There is no real thickness to the mids. Detail, >but not thick.

Altec speakers have similar strength that you mentioned above.
They also can sound very loud and dynamic from 7 watt SET (vintage and modern Tannoy and JBL will never work well with 7 watt SET).
But they shrill much less compared to Klipsch La Scala.
They can sound warm with thickness to the mids and have better, more natural tone.

Sorry, late to the party again.

IMO your room is waaay to small for La Scalas.  Before spending more money I would try a pair of Heresy IIIs.  Use them stock on the floor, tilted).  If you like the Klipsch house sound (albeit minus the shrillness) you might be very happy.

There are a lot of single driver speakers that will work great, some more to your taste and some not as much.  Heavy rock is going to be a problem in a small, essentially square room.  Maybe headphone for that?

+ Omega, + Living Voice

A good friend of mine has La scalas and I totally understand what you are talking about. I had the opportunity to try a set of Omega SAM’s in my system and was quite surprised at what they do. some of the best imaging and musicality I have ever heard. The SAM’s may be a little bass shy I would look at the High Output versions with dual drivers.

I own a set of Living Voice speakers form the UK and they also are a very musical, detailed (but not in your face sort of way) and a large involving sound stage (should be able to fide a used set in your price range if that interests you).

some also mentioned Proac’s and I would also give a + + to anything they make (I’ve not heard a set I didn’t like).