Let's Talk Reel to Reel Tape Decks & Music

Good afternoon all,
Just wondering if there are members here who are into reel to reel tape decks and the newly recorded music? What deck do you have and is it 2 or 4 track? Did your deck require service when you got it? Did you get your tape deck from Ebay, here or some other source? I purchased my latest deck, Tascam 42B from a member here. The deck was in great shape. I am having it converted to play IEC recorded tapes, and, the tech is in the final days of building a tube tape head pre amp for me.

Are you purchasing some of the newly released reel to reel recorded music? Please let me hear from you.

RBW
rbwinterlink

Showing 1 response by buconero117

I can answer many yes's to items in your post, but not to newly released music. I have ten decks. Before I think about purchasing newly released material, I buy the CD to see if it matches my musical tastes. I have not found such, yet. I do have a large collection of tapes used in broadcast studios years ago. In addition I have a large collection of AFRTS tapes, which I find high quality. Our government spent huge amounts of money on these and they are top quality pre recorded media. Try one, you will be surprised. I have about 3,000 pre recorded tapes.