Let's talk power cords

Does a upgrade really make a difference over a stock cord?
128x128thirsty93
There are many reasons why some power cords are better than others. It’s analogous to why some interconnects are better than others or why some fuses are better than others. It’s not rocket science. 🚀
OK. Purity of metal, gauge of conductor, geometry of conductor(s), dielectric material, length of power cord, stranded vs solid core, silver vs copper, broken in properly vs not, quality of connectors, cryogenically treated or not, controlled for directionality, e.g., the new line of power cords from Audioquest. Did I miss anything? 
Actually I did.  I agree that power cords make a difference because I had first hand experience.  I bought some beefy power cords and the sound becomes noticeably better - the soundstage becomes more stable, better separation, and the mass string which used to sound a bit harsh now quite a bit smoother.  I think you need some good system to tell the difference though.  I used to have some crappy system and it's was hard for me to distinguish the sound with different component but my system now is a lot better so it's easier to tell.

I was asking if anybody had a good well thought out explanation?  I have my own interpretation.

You can look at this both ways.  The power cord is the last 3 feet of wire going to the power supply, or it's the first 3 feet that the power supply sees.  Before, I would have said the former.  But now I tend to agree more with the latter.