Let's talk power cords

Does a upgrade really make a difference over a stock cord?
128x128thirsty93
@willemj I know, but, when I used another power cord - a standard power cord, not a thick audiophile one - I was able to influence the noise by moving the cable, twisting the cable, and then I realized, it was acting like an antenna.  So I *think* it contributes to my issue.  Every little bit helps, and I will take what ever it takes - right now I'm taping aluminum foil all over my racks and it appears to be improving my situation. 👍🏻🤓✅
There are tuners you can use with thinner power cords to change the sound. They look like a thick wired spiral that you weave your power cord through and then listen to music as you slide it along the power cord until you like the sound. 
@thirsty93 

Check out Cullen Cable. Fantastic power cords; great sound, build and value.

http://http//www.cullencable.com/

Cheers,

Scott

Transparent makes some real good low cost power cords Thirsty,  and they hold their value very well. As you can gather from this thread, some find aftermarket cords sound good, some do not, and some refuse to try on theoretical grounds...since it costs nothing to try...
Give it a try and simply trust your ears! Why does this piece of wire matter? I don’t know - but may be one of you out there is smart enough to explain it to me. I tweaked my system for years but ignored power cables because I did not see how the last few feet can have an impact. Then I built one DIY cable following my experience with DIY interconnects and speaker cables - oversized solid core single conductor silver in cotton (plus heat shrink for power cord). I first tried it with my CD player (Esoteric K-01 on air platform). The experience was so drastic that I am still upset about myself today because I ignored this important piece of the puzzle for so long! Here is another crazy fun fact for you: When I started to build power cords for all my other gear I did not upgrade the power cord for my TT power supply. How in the world would a power cord have an impact on the sound of a turntable, right? Wrong!!! After itching started again (what the heck) I replaced the power cord to the power supply and the two cables between power supply and turntable of my Kuzma StabiM (all DIY - same recipe). Those three cables elevated the performance of my Kuzma into an even higher league. More resolution, information and detail, more punch, more like real music! Why? I have no clue! But I smile every time I listen to my favorite records and that’s all that counts for me.
My advice: Don’t listen to unexperienced sceptics like ... me ( before I messed with power cables). If you have a CD player, start there. If you are a bit handy, don’t waste your hard earned money on overpriced cables with funny names. If anybody is interested in the DIY recipe feel free to contact me. Happy Thanksgiving!