Let's talk power cords

Does a upgrade really make a difference over a stock cord?
128x128thirsty93
Its not that its simply a matter of being a few feet between all the wiring in the wall and your equipment, saying the last few feet don’t matter. Its that the last few feet can mess up between the wiring in the wall and your equipment. Stock cables can degrade what is coming from the solid cable in the wall. That’s the point I believe some do not realize. Better cables do not "improve" the sound. They avoid messing up the sound... Then there are some cables that can color the sound in appreciated ways. Stock cords can simply be bland in comparison. The ideal connection? Would be having many outlets from the wall with the inside wiring extending out to the equipment without a power cord.   Shielding can matter.  Stock cords are generally not shielded.
I am now a VERY BIG fan of the Art Audio Cables. I just added a pair of their SE 1 power cables to my mono block amps....WOW!!
These cables are the real deal. Easily besting cables from Synergistic, Pangea and a host of others. The quality of these cables has to be seen to be believed! My pair came with the truly excellent Furutech connectors and brought my whole system up a notch. Bass is far more realistic and defined, the mids are more accurate and true to life, the upper mid boost that i used to have has been ameliorated and the top end air has increased dramatically. These power cords are incredible and I Highly Recommend them. Thank you Rob Fritz and Art Audio cable...superb sounding cables!!
I attached an artical I found regarding Shunyata Research power cables. 

..."Misconception #3: There is up to a hundred feet of wire in the walls, so the last 6 feet of power cord can't possibly make any difference.

Answer: “The power cord is not the last 6 feet, it is the first 6 feet from the perspective of the component. As stated in #1 the local current and electromagnetic effects directly affect the sonic performance of the component.”

At the end of the day, I use aftermarket power cords. They do make a difference in my systems. 

https://www.gcaudio.com/tips-tricks/why-power-cables-make-a-difference/

Regards,

N

@thirsty93

You will find a general question on these forums to be taken very seriously. And this discussion has been very good, showing you just how important a power cord is to a system.

My power cords (Harmonix Studiomaster) are now picking up cellular frequencies in the 700-800MHz range. So in my system, I can hear this signal at a low level just above the natural room noise floor.

So now I’m on the hunt for a new power cord. I wonder if any manufacturer test against picking up Radio Frequency Interference?