Let's talk power cords

Does a upgrade really make a difference over a stock cord?
128x128thirsty93

Showing 4 responses by james1969

toddverrone759 posts11-16-2017 9:16am... Then I made great DIY cords and heard a bigger improvement. 

May I ask how you made it?
@willemj I know, but, when I used another power cord - a standard power cord, not a thick audiophile one - I was able to influence the noise by moving the cable, twisting the cable, and then I realized, it was acting like an antenna.  So I *think* it contributes to my issue.  Every little bit helps, and I will take what ever it takes - right now I'm taping aluminum foil all over my racks and it appears to be improving my situation. 👍🏻🤓✅
@thirsty93

You will find a general question on these forums to be taken very seriously. And this discussion has been very good, showing you just how important a power cord is to a system.

My power cords (Harmonix Studiomaster) are now picking up cellular frequencies in the 700-800MHz range. So in my system, I can hear this signal at a low level just above the natural room noise floor.

So now I’m on the hunt for a new power cord. I wonder if any manufacturer test against picking up Radio Frequency Interference?