Let's share secrets of Lamm 6C33C tubes

Lamm owners please share your experience on the 6C33C tubes in relation to the V1 and V2 positions.

I know the Lamm is very specific with their factory tubes as to which tubes goes where but I guess many owners would have brought from other suppliers and did the matching themselves.
I found that nearly all tubes work on the V1 position but not on V2. Now, I brought tubes from The Tube Stores and they marked them with range between(18 - 39)! I wonder what would be the best combination? Anyone knows the secrets?
luna

Showing 1 response by maril555

I don't know the exact answer to your question (I do have the same ML-2 amps).
What I do know, that 6c33c don't need testing and matching in many applications, and only a few manufacturers do that.
I know for a fact, that BAT does it, and LAMM, of course.
I would guess, that the difference b/w V1 and v2 tubes, is that one reguires testing and maybe matching, and the other one doesn't.
For example- V1 position requires higher tolerances and v2 doesn't. Hence, if you flip them, then your V1 will be out of tolerance.
In the end- this is the same tube, and out of the factory variances are not that huge.
The last thing- I'm buying from LAMM to be safe :)
I would love to know an exact answer to this as well.
The other tube in these amps, that needs frequent replacement is 6n6p- Vlad claims he tests and matches them, which is reflected in the asking price.
This tube is readily available elsewhere for much less, so I wonder...