Let's roll: what pre-amp tubes should I consider next?

I am looking for some guidance from experienced vacuum tube amp users. I have a Unison Research S6 (most recent model) which runs six x EL34 power tubes and two x 12AX7 pre-amp tubes.

Having gone NOS in the pre-amp section, I've had great results over the new manufacture Tung Sol 12AX7s that come stock with this integrated. The tubes I've played with are the Philips Miniwatt 12AX7s and the Siemens 12AX7s. I like what both have to offer, but there are differences. The Miniwatts being warmer and contributing to an overall more subtle listening experience whereas the Siemens are more precise, producing a sound that has attack, excitement and thrill in abundance. However, I find the latter can be a bit too much in the upper mid/lower treble region some times. Is there another new manufacture (thinking Psvane?) or NOS (Brimar, Mullard, Mazda) that would give me the best of both worlds? Good tone and timbre while maintaining a sense of involvement through speed and attack?

What are your recommendations?

funcrusha

funcrusha

Showing 3 responses by rodman99999

Amperex/Bugle Boy and Philips/Miniwatt tubes tend to ride a line, between the warmth/romaniticism of British tubes and the clarity/transparency of the likes of Siemens and Teles. Contact Brent Jesse, for info. Reviews/listening opinions, here: http://www.audiotubes.com/12ax7.htm
"3 times"?   Nonsense!    However; the confidence that I will receive actual NOS tubes, that have been comprehensively tested and will provide the performance paid for, is worth a premium(to me).   There are some other tube mongers, that provide equivalent service/product, and their prices are consistent with his.   
Sure as hell is!   As many times as I've been to his site, I never paid attention to his header.  Thanks for the correction, Tom.