Legacy Aeris owners which amp do you use and why?

These speakers are rated 95.4 dB and are 4 Ohm. Sitting 4 meters from speakers would mean I would need no more than 16 watts to listen at 95.4 dB(which is way more than my normal listening levels). 

Since the amp is not powering the bass section what amp would you choose and how many watts. Tube Class A vs Solid State class A ?. 20watts to 80watts?

Excited to hear how Aeris owners get the most out of their speakers. My room is 24 x 24 x 8.
geek101
Thought I’d chime in.  I have the aeris wavelet combo and use the pass labs xa30.5 to power them. I am very happy with the combo and rarely push the needle to where it switches from class a (first 30w)
Geek101 ...

Here’s the deal ... you don’t have to spend a fortune on an amp to get the best out of Legacy speakers. They seem to prefer tubes, by the way.

I have a pair of Legacy Signature III’s (94db) that I love. Presently driving them with an ARC REF-75se. The amp just coasts no matter the sound level.

Steve Fleschler (A’gon member) has a pair of the Sig III’s that he drives with a modified Dyna 70 (35 wpc) and it sounds glorious. Steve also has a pair of Legacy Focus speakers in his main listening room that is driven by a pair of modified mono Altec theater amps. Again, glorious.

Steve’s amps were built/modified by A’gon member Grover Huffman. Contact him for prices and availability and save yourself a ton of money.

Frank