Leben 600 with Omega Super 6 or Super 8

I am in process of picking the LEBEN-600.
Since i cant make my B&Ws run with this lovely amp with nostalgic looks, i have been looking for single drivers.

So its either the Super 6 XRS or Super 8 XRS for me.

Shall be a pleasure to hear from friends, who know the signature of both Super 6 XRS & Super 8 Alnico XRS.

I have a room size of 12x12 for now BUT will be moving the set up to a living room of dims - 30x30 approx.

Questions:

1) Does the sonic signature differ for both Super 6 XRS & Super 8 XRS.

2) I am looking for a larger soundstage (as anyone else) with an enveloping sound. Need to know the ideal/optimal room sizes for both of these speakers.

3) I am presuming that LEBEN 600 shall be ideal for either.
128x128trehansid

Showing 3 responses by 4musica44107

I have owned the Omega Super 8 Alnico XRS for a few months now. They are powered by a Bedini 25/25 and easily fill the room they are in, which is approximately 12' x 18'.

I was curious how they would sound in my main listening room, which is 14' x 25' with 8 foot ceilings, so I did the drill. First I ran the Omegas in the main room with the Bedini and the Quicksilver linestage, both also moved to this room to keep the playing field more or less level. The room was not a challenge at all for the Omegas. Before I moved the Omegas back to their normal room, I hooked them up to my reference gear in the main room, which includes a Luxman MQ-88 and a Shindo Masseto. In a word - Wow!
Besides the Omegas, I have DeVore Silverbacks, Sonus Faber Guarneri Mementos, and Verity Fidelio Encores and Taminos. Also Alon Petite's and Rega R1's in minor systems.

The Omegas throw an excellent holographic soundstage in my system. A solid 9 out of 10.
The above discussion is of tremendous value to all. Although I agree with Tvad that choosing speakers first is best when possible, the simple fact is, the OP already has one hell of an amp in the Leben 600, and will have many excellent, conmpatible speakers, e.g., DeVore, Omega, etc., etc., to choose from.

Trehansid - Please keep us apprised your speaker quest progress. And if you do happen to hear John DeVore's Orangutan speakers with your Leben or another (preferably) tube amp, please let us know your impressions!

Enjoy the process!