Lead shots for speaker stand.

Where can I buy this? No one seems to know what it is in any hardware stores
tjoeb99
Thanks to all. I think I'll go for the silica sand instead. I forgot to consider the environmental impact of lead.
I do business with an industrial supplier that carries lead shot in 9 sizes. Size #9 (.080") through .440". McMaster Carr Supply, New Brunswick NJ, 732-329-3200. Pricing is about $50 per 25 lb bag.
Almost forgot ... same supplier also has oxygen free copper balls, brass balls, aluminum bronze balls and various plastic / nylon balls. If you wanted to explore the world of foundry metals suppliers you could probably come up with many more options. Anyone who broke out in a sweat reading this is a tweaker in need of therapy & drugs.
I, too, am going to follow Albert's suggestion regarding the silica sand for my turntable stand. My local building supply store sells a 100lb bag for $9.00. Anyone in the Los Angeles area who wants some just email me offline. I'm pretty sure I'll have extra ;-) Is there any other use for this stuff other than audio and sandblasting? What the heck am I going to do with all that sand?
The following info was taken from www.audiopoints.com:

Recommended Fill Materials

Good - White Silica--a pulverized dry glass that will add density to the tubes. NO SAND - too absorptive. Glass is a non-conductive material that does not absorb tremendous amounts of energy. Silica has a very consistent grain and texture, as it will increase mass and stability for heavier components.

Better - Steel Shot--the smaller the size of shot, the better. Steel, like our shelving, conducts energy vibration and adds speed to the grounding pathway. NO LEAD, as lead is a primary energy absorbent material and will reduce the rapid transfer of energy through the pathway. Check with your local gun shop.

Best - Crushed Iron Ore--adds incredible conductive power to the main support rods. Both rods react as one, creating a tremendous high-speed pathway to earth's ground. Crushed iron ore is difficult to find; check with mining and steel manufacturing companies.