LAST - then and now?

Have been enjoying hauling records out of storage and listening to stuff I haven't heard in years. One thing I have noticed is that the records treated with LAST (probably a good 15 years or more ago) have held up really well.I know part of this is the cleaning on a Keith Monks machine they got before applying LAST - and possibly more importantly - I only went to the trouble with stuff I really liked.
At any rate - my question is this - has the base of the LAST product changed over the years? So many cleaning products were Freon based and are no longer made or made with different chemicals - does anyone know if LAST today is chemically identical to what it was 15 years ago?
Ag insider logo xs@2xstonedeaf

Showing 1 response by jeffb28451

"Useless product by any standard"

Is that why LAST stylus products are the only ones approved by Van Den Hul for their cartridges? Last has been and still is a valuable help with keeping my collection alive. After 30 years in high end and with a $30K analog rig, I hope I have some idea what I'm talking about.

Opinions, esp from dealers, which are so sharp with criticism let me know two things: (1) I'm really stupid and (2) I can't hear. I'm glad when they put me in my place, as it narrows down the field of opinions that I might otherwise value.

That's what I love about this hobby: we're all blessed with positions of Godlike knowledge and objectivity and we're quick to share our superior opinions :).