Lampizator evolution

3-4 years  ago, Lampizator DACs were all the rage and consumed a lot of space on this forum. Not so much today. What has happened?
The company now offers the Amber II model for just under $2;000. Did this DAC benefit from trickle down technology and become a great sounding, reasonably priced DAC?  Have any Lampi owners compared its sound to the earlier generations of Lampizator? Is the Amber II a no-brained purchase for someone (like me) wanting a killer DAC at a very reasonable price?
rockyboy

It seems so...but I dont know the Amber 2 personally. They guys at Audiocircle, plus Fred of LampiNA confirm its great.

Lampi B7and GG guys are enjoying their dacs and sharing tube Rolling suggestions a lot. hifiknights website

There are exciting new tubes from Kron, ie the RK homage series!

Post removed 
Digital source components (servers, dacs, etc.) have been on a steep performance improvement trajectory during the entire time period you mention.  Not only have the Lampizator models changed/improved but so have many other DAC implementations and brands.  Most brands have benefited from trickle down technology.  You can indeed get 2014's $5K performance for about $2-3K today.  Lampizator DACs have a sound that does appeal to many but no single brand or type of DAC has a "house sound" that appeals to all.  I recommend listening before you buy.
i have an Atlantic II
gives my $8k Aesthetix Pandora SIG a decent go
for $2k
a steal IMO