Lampizator DAC

Hello,
Interested to know if anyone has heard Lukasz Fikus' Lampizator DAC? If so, please describe what you heard and how it compares to others. Also, note as to which level / configuration of the lampizator you auditioned / own.
thanks
128x128grateful
The Amber DAC arrived a few days ago, but with work demands, I've only been able to listen to it sparingly. It sounds pretty nice, but I believe it still needs a little breaking-in time.

I'll give it some time before putting it through the paces.

Cheers,

Juan
Just a little update: I really enjoyed listening to the Amber DAC this weekend. It does high res really nicely, and beautiful recordings sound simply beautiful. Lesser recordings, like MP3 played on Pandora via the Roku, are pleasant and well-defined, but don't hold a candle to better resolution sources. The same goes for HD TV broadcasts: Great resolution movies sound terrific, but lesser fare can be on the bright -- and sometimes -- harsh side.

That's not unusual for high quality DACs. And, mark my words, this is a wonderful DAC!

I will be working on a formal report, and will be scheduling the pick up and comparison of a couple other DACs with it very soon.

Cheers,

Juan
Here's a just published review of the new 5th Generation Lampizator DSD DAC over on Positive Feedback:

http://positive-feedback.com/Issue76/lampizator_dac.htm
Excellent review. Well worth reading. Thanks for the review and thanks for the notice here.

Regards,
Yeah, that was a nice review. Great stuff!

It's pretty crazy with my work schedule and an oil painting that I've been commissioned to complete in a few weeks. I may be picking up one of the comp DACs this weekend for my formal report and another in the next weekend or so.

Cheers,

Juan