Lamm M 1.2 against Tenor 300 and Boulder 2060

I own a system based on Avalon eidolon with Halcro electronics,EMM labs and NBS black label and Kharma enigma cables.

I´m insterested to change the electronics for the a hybrid amp, as Tenor 300 or Lamm M 1.2 or for the Boulder 2060.

I will be pleased if you can help me, almost I´m interested about to know how compares the Lamm M 1.2 and the Tenor 300, also one important consideration for me is the relation price/sound quality, the Lamm seems to be less expensive, around 40% than the Tenor.

I demoed the Boulder, sounds well, but not much much different or in another league than my Halcros, which is your opinion?.

Finally which preamp do you think I will need to be used with Lamm M1.2 or Tenor 300, new CJ ACT2? Aesthetix? Wyetech? CTC? Connoisseur? Lamm?

Thanks to all for your advice.
batiportbf80

Showing 1 response by merge038346

I am biased. I have a Boulder 2050 system (the monoblocks). I have listened to the Halcro's, the big ARC's, the VTLs, ML mono's and others. When you get up into this territory of performance, the weakest link in the system will STANDOUT. In order to properly audition and compare gear like this, the speakers, interconnects, line power, room acoustics, pre-amp (like a Boulder), and source components all have to be at the same elevated level of performance. Differences between speakers or interconnects (and eveything else) become simple to hear. With amplifiers/systems so neutral and quiet, it is much easier to hear the worst component in the system (which in systems like this is frequently the room itself).

I would like to comment on the Lamm and Tenor, but have never heard them. My understanding is that their designers chose their own design criteria, and have produced very compelling products.

I guess my point is that the exact circumstances of the audition are as important as actually performing an audition.