laid back stereo power amp

Looking for a laid back "forgiving" stereo power amp to drive Maggie 1.7i s through a Van Alstine Transcendence 10 tube preamp. thanks.
Check out the Digital Amplifier Company's Cherries.  These are the best amp for my Maggies imho.  Black background, no noise, the music just erupts out of the speakers.  Currently using 2 stereo Maraschinos and 1 Mega MKII 4800A.  
You didn't mention your budget but I bought the Crown XLS 1502 to drive my Maggie 1.7's with and I liked it so much I sent it back and upgraded to the XLS 2502.  Great full warm sound and definitely not harsh.  It is very satisfying to listen to.  Soundstage isn't as good as my PS Audio Stellar S300 and probably less precision or definition but also not sterile/clinical which is my impression of the S300.  But the fullness of the XLS 2502 means some tube preamps might be overkill.  The Crown's are surprisingly good for their price but if money isn't an issue I'm sure you can do better.
A very big underdog is the Marantz KI ruby integrated Amp
the 10 has more power but this $4k Ruby is like a modded unit 
the late Ken Ishiwata This was his best ladt effort before he passed away ladt year RIP, and don’t let Ncore dual mono amps discourage you ,it has actually 170wpc ,not 100 into 8 ohms 
270 into4 ohms ,a true class A Active preamp ,with a linear microprocessor controlled volume true Descreet transistors,Not opamps like modt Copper dual chassis and premium matched parts made in Japan , it has Solid stste control and detail and a bit of vacuum tube sonics . Only $1000 signed are made .
Great feedback. Thanks everyone. I am going to start researching your suggestions.