Lack of Female Representation

So who can explain the near lack of females in our hobby?  There are far more women discussing football than audio, by a long shot.  There are a lot more women into fixing up their cars as well.  I just can’t think of a hobby, other than ours, where representation is so close to zero.
simpletheater
@nonoise Now why did you have to bring up therapy? For some of those on Audiogon, they tried therapy in the attempt to reconcile the issues with their first four marriages, so, apparently therapy just doesn't work! ;-) 

I will make the same effort to accommodate a women as I would a man. How could a woman expect more? Anything else is patronizing and true chauvinism. Because there is no universal female experience, everything is individual perception and as such can only addressed individually. Same applies for all the other so-called "systemics". By telling someone what to expect you can influence the expectation.

If by referring to me as a primitive you imply a desire to go back to the days of open discourse, lack of cancel-culture, teachers that dont socially indoctrinate, open college forums, willingness to embrace our actual history, rejection of societal androgenization, recognition/reward, etc then I am definitely a primitive and I wear this badge proudly. 

What do you suggest we do to increase female participation? 
Simple really, women just aren't as obsessed.Women I've known, Women I've been with love listening to music. Their just not as anal retentive as Men. Their not going to lose sleep over it. 
@nonoise Now why did you have to bring up therapy? For some of those on Audiogon, they tried therapy in the attempt to reconcile the issues with their first four marriages, so, apparently therapy just doesn't work! ;-)
My bad.

@nonoise LOL…your post was terrific.

@audition__audio Did you have a tough day? All that needs to happen for others to feel welcome is to welcome them. All that needs to happen for those that are trying to learn is to help them if you are in a position to do so. I’m sure you do those things here and during your normal day.

I’m going to guess you wouldn’t be opposed to revising certain parts of history or women’s studies right? John Glenn relied, insisted as a matter of fact, on the mathematical skills of a woman of color for trajectory analysis. That didn’t make it in to the first version of history but mercifully it has found its way in to history 2.0. We all share a responsibility to assist others when a formerly exclusionary pursuit no longer excludes.