Kuzma Stabi R mat?

Just received my new Stabi R.  It is a very nicely built table and sounds more present and dynamic than my previous setup.  I am currently using a Etna SL on a Kuzma 4P9 on the right wing.  Initial impressions are that this is a synergistic group (cartridge/arm/table) and allows deep information retrieval. 

This is my first Kuzma table.  In the past I used various turntable mats until I settled on the sound of the Achromat.  The Kuzma looks engineered to use its own integral mat (which is cushioned) and not an aftermarket addition.  Just wondering if any other Kuzma users out there use a specific matt?  I am inclined to use no matt at all given the table surface seems designed to do just that.  I have also never had a spindle with threads for a screw down record clamp. I have the heavier HRS record weight which did nice things with my previous table in combination with the achromat.  Any one using the screw clamp with their Kuzma? 

128x128karl_desch

Showing 3 responses by rdk777

I had the Stabi R a few years back. Nice turntable - got it with the wood trim upgrade, but at the time was only limited to one tonearm, hence sold.  The Stabi R clamp that came with the turntable worked great.  Also tried the ebony clamp which is not a screw on - not worth it IMO.

Ok - now I recall, I had to pay extra for the threaded clamp. $400 back in 2019.