Kubala Sosna and Virtual Dynamics - Similar??

I have gone through the Forums and checked on the comments and write-ups on both brands. Both are rated highly, especially for the KS Emotion and VD Master and Revelation ranges.....

I would like to know how similar these cables are in terms of sonics for Speaker cables and Power cords...

It seems that VD is hugely popular at the moment and KS is used by a select few....

Where I am, there is no dealer available, therefore I have to rely on your comments and suggestions...KS doesnt allow international trials and have not checked with VD..

Similar Products used:
Kimber BiFocal XL
DIY PC's with Furutech Gold IEC's
Running dedicated 32 amp lines

TIA!!
teck5

Showing 3 responses by grr6001

Just to add my 2 cents to this great thread. As with what many have said here :
( each persons system & rooms are very different)
& don't forget we all hear & demand different sound perameters for our systems.
With that being said I have gone through the cable bergade of testing , trying, & buying many a cable. Mixing & using all the same cable too.
I have in the last 4 years tried all the so called heavy wieghts Purist, Stealth, KS, Nordost, Ect. Ect. You get my point.
With out a doubt Virtul Dynamics are best cables to make my system perform the way it should. I will save all the nuances for a later review of VD cables.
They have done more for my system than any cable, ever.
So much so, that I have installed all Virtual Dynamics cables.
VD has a customer for life .
Rick & his staff are second to none. The custome service is outstanding . They take the time to help & answer all of your questions. They go above & beyond any cable company that I have ever delt with to make sure you are satisfied .
Try for yourself, you will not be diappointed.
I don't have any connection with VD, other than I'm one very happy customer.
WOW !!!
My findings were the complete opposite of jayfox & jmc. Please , no disrespect.
These are just my feelings on just some of the cables I have tried in the last few years.
This just goes to show everyone that there is a major difference of opinions on cables. Not to say one is better than the other. Each System & Rooms play a MAJOR factor .
I found that the Virtual Dynamics cables were
better than anything I have ever tried.
Im using a mix of Genesis & Rev Sig & 2.0's in my system.
They are defiantly not to forward , in my opinion & do not show any decay in any frequency regions. I thought they are the most natural cables to date.
VD cables do have outstanding balance, clarity, timber, & dynamics.
& yes they are fast , defined & very revealing.

The soundstage & seperation was very realistic &
3 dimensional. My speakers left the room.

After a complete Purist cable upgrade to my system using both Purist Anniversary & Dominus.
I felt the Purist line closed my system in, like putting a hood over my speakers.
Yes they were good.
A dark background ,with great bass , but not at all what I expected. To rolled off in my opinion.
As for the K/S line , yes they are closer to the Purist line. But not at all close to the Virtual Dynamics.

I feel the VD cables just have that more natural live sound I feel we are all looking for in our systems.
Teck, Hi, I would be glad to share some of my personal testing with you. Please feel free to email me to exchange.
Thanks