KT-88 gold lions verses the new tung-sul kt-120

I have a cary tube amp and would like to switch out the stock tubes the Electro Harmonic kt-88 and try something different since the gold lions are almost at a price match with the kt-120s. I have checked with cary can my amp run the kt-120. Which my dealer demos my cary amp with the KT-120. And cary says they should work with my amp no problem with the over built transformers on the cad-120s.

Anyone have any thoughts or experienced any of these tubes?
128x128jakecanada

Showing 1 response by bifwynne

I can't speak to the EH KT-88s. But my old amp originally used SED 6550 "Winged C" tubes. IMO, dropping in the KT-120s made a significant positive difference.

Right now there are a couple of threads running about the recently issued KT-150 tube. New Sensor makes both the KT-120 and 150 tubes.

Just a suggestion, but why not ask Cary if your amp can handle the KT-150s? It's a little pricier than the KT-120s, but others have written some really positive comments about the KT-150s.

Gotta tell ya Jake ... I must be an audiophile now. I never thought I'd be a tube roller, but I'm waiting for ARC to sprinkle pixie dust on the KT-150s to drop into my Ref 150 amp. And why??? The amp sounds great as is?????? I'm surprised at myself. :(

BIF