KT-120s in a c-j Premier 11A

Has anyone tried the KT-120s in a Premier 11A amp? I've used them in a Premier 140 with no issues and liked how they sounded. I was wondering if anyone's tried them yet in this older model. When I called c-j months ago, I'd gotten the usual party line about their techs recommending not using anything other than stock tubes in the 140.

Thanks in advance.
joe_appierto

Showing 2 responses by xti16

When I called c-j months ago,
Try calling them again. From what I've read a few AR amps will not work with them without significant power supply modifications. But most do and are NOW approved. As far as CJ they may have tested more models than when you first inquired. Personally I would not not drop in tubes the manufacturer did NOT approve for that model. Could make for a very costly repair. BTW I believe today CJ approves of the KT120 in the 140.
Glad they are working out. I'm tempted to try them someday. I was lucky to score a couple of quads of the original TS solid black and grey plates. Extremely musical (lost a little detail compared to current production 6550's) and I'll admit the black plates are my favorites out of the 2. I'm using some current production Eat kt88's right now and they are super excellent but they come with a heavy price. Also the Eat's don't seem to be too reliable - lost 2 already :-( but I did buy them used.