Krell KSA150 vs KSA100S & KSA100 for Inf Kappa 9

I've been struggling for a year now to power a pair of Infinity Kappa 9's or should I say pwering the woofers. I've bought 2 Parasound HCA-3500's and Adcoms Flagship model. Neither can run the Kappa 9 woofers at high volume levels for a length of time. Some of you said right in the beginning to buy a Krell. Well now I'm ready to make that purchase. I'm only going to use the amp to power the 4 woofers. What is the comparison between the KSA150 and the KSA100S and the older KSA100? I can spend up to $2,000. Also should I hold out and spend a little more on a KSA250 or KSA200S? Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
400bill

Showing 1 response by jsd52756

I ran my Infinity Rennasaince 90's with a KSA200S and the setup worked well. Now I use a FPB300cx. I had issues with the KSA. I also don't recommend shipping that behemoth, as that is how mine got scrapped by FedX comming back from Krell. If your Kappa's are the 9.1's with the bass switch you will need serious power. There is a Infinity Classics web site with a lot of info if your interested. Google it if you want.
Good luck, John