krell ksa100 vs. audio research 150.2

anyone know the characteristics of each? these are my choises for around a grand. driving vandy 2ce and using mainly satilite for music. i heard a ar 100.2 at local stereo shop, much more articulate than my marantz 2270. base was about the same. any help would be greatly appreciated.
bryon
bryon84

Showing 2 responses by krelladdict

Be aware the KST-100 does NOT run in class "A" unlike the KSA-100 and should not be compared to. The KSA-50 (class "A" also) will sound better than the KST-100. I own a KSA-100MKII built Sep.14 1986 and have had no fan problems. Please read the Krell "primer" discussion.
Digepix,what's wrong with Palm Springs?(just kidding) I clearly understand your comparisons. I was only commenting on Byron84 original request:KSA-100 vs ARC150.2. The KSA & KMA series were the top lines at the time. The KST-100 was pretty beatin'up by reviewers for NOT sounding like it's higher priced siblings. I will agree on Byron84 needs to put the satellite radio in the dumpster for any serious listening. The same goes for A "burned off ethernet" recording when auditioning equiptment!! Byron84, beware once you start upgrading from mid-fi to higher end gear can truly reveal the nasties of cheaper gear/cables etc. My Krells, big & small can be ruthless with the wrong components & recordings. But hey most of us don't have "money trees" in the back yard. Try to choose wisely,mistakes WILL happen but that's what makes this hobby and A-gon great!! We certainly have a pleathera of knowledge at this site,so ask away,it can only help. Don't forget to let YOUR EARS listen to the music!!