KRELL KSA 50 100 150 0r 250.

I have decided that i would like to try one of these Krell amps.
BUT, i have never heard one.....but did lots of reading and people seem happy with them.

I understand that the models do sound different with more or less watts, lets hear some recomendations and opinions on these amps.

TIA.

Also thought i would mention my pre is a Krell KSP-7B and currently using a Bryston 4B as a power amp.
x1884

Showing 4 responses by x1884

I have never tried tubes and do not know anything about tube amps or even heard one.
My budget is set at $1500 or under, so i have to make do with the used market and buy something that will resell for the same amount or even a few bucks higher......that's the kind of deal i am after, only because i have a hard enough time making ends meet without buying stereo equipment.
I think the KSA 250 would be great, but do not have the bread for one at this time, unless by fluke i find one for under $1500 which i highly dought very much.
Thanks for the input.
I found one of the KSA 150 amps but the person will not ship to Canada.
Anyways a local here has a KSA 100 for sale that it looks like i will buy.
What do you think of the KSA100?
I will be dissapointed to lay out the bucks and it does not blow away my Bryston 4B original series.
Yes i am going to listen to it tonight.
Not sure what to expect, would be nice to hear it in my set up....but that will probably only happen if i buy it.
There is also a 50s available locally, but the reviews were not to great on that model.
Well i listened to the KSA 100 and it seemed not too bad.
I bought it and have it home now.
I have a question, my pre amp was off the last 24 hrs and the Krell cold from the drive home.
How long does it take to warm up to optimum sound?
Should i leave the power amp on all the time?
It has fans, so i think maybe i should not leave it on all the time.
The pre amp when in use i do leave on all the time.
Thanks.
Oh and by the way, its a big mother for a 100 wpc amp!