Krell ksa-300s vs Pass Labs x-350

Anyone has the good fortune of auditioning/owning these two amps? And which one do you prefer?
arthurmail

Showing 2 responses by basque23

I'm a happy owner of a KSA-250! I’ve brought my amp to my local audio store to do a direct comparison to the Pass x-350 to determine what the fuss is about. We used the same CD, Source, Pre and interconnects.
We must remember the krell is analytical, an acquired taste. To say that it is not musical is an exaggeration. If you smooth its precise tendencies out with a descent tube pre amp, AR sp16 in my case, I found the treble to be more dimensional and the bass precise and punchy on the KRELL. The PASS X-350 was nothing more than expected.

I took my KSA-250 back home a happy 12 year owner..
2nd. thread and bored

Let's keep in mind that Jimwitnauer did not directly compare his friend's sonic analysis of the Pass X-250, to that of a Bose Lifestyle surround sound system back in 04. He was mealy expressing the level of severity of buyer's remorse that his friend felt after the purchase of the X-250. If you all take a second look at his words, there was no direct comparison of the Pass Labs sound to the Bose, just a comparison of similar feelings of disenchantment that could be derived from any experiences.
Come on.... anyone here must know the saying "NO HIGHS, NO LOWS, MUST BE A BOSE!"