Krell KSA 300S or FPB 300?

Hello all on a-gon,

I'm looking to get into some Krell amplification. Right now I'm considering the 2 amps above. I would like to get some of your expert opinions as to which ya'll prefer and which you would recommend. I would also like to hear why you prefer & recommend your choices.

I'll provide some of our associated equipment without getting overly detailed...

Amplifiers: Musical Fidelity KW500 (Selling) & Legacy-Audio Monoblocs
Speakers: Infinity Prelude MTS' & Legacy-Audio Focus
Digital: Esoteric DV-60 & Marantz BD8002
Analog: TNT IV with mucho upgrades
Phono: X-Ono
Preamp: Legacy-Audio NexStep. Preamp replacing the NexStep: Krell Audio/Video Standard from a super fine fellow a-goner. Greg, thank you again for the AWESOME Krell!

So there's the condensed version of our equipment.

As far as musical taste... my wife and I enjoy the following. In no particular order...

Rock
Blues
Big Band
We'll... actually we like just about all genres except OPERA!!!
We also like our music as low as background and all the way up to concert levels whilst enjoying Several-Frosty-Beverages.

Oh wise one's... please grace me with your honest opinions.

I hope that gives you's guy's enough info to make a choice/recommendation.
If any other information may help you with your recommends please let me know.

Thanks,

Skip
128x128joysjane

Showing 1 response by kirk930

I had to put In my 2 cents. I have owned the ksa 250 many 200 and 300s amps. Fpb 650m . I owned audio standards. Fpb 600. I have owned three of them. I currently own a ksa 300s and fpb350m monos. The s series has a very special sound. I would much rather own a 200s or a 300s than a 250. The 250 is a great amp looks and sound. The s series amps are much cleaner and more musical. The 300s Is by far the best buy In audio. If you go fpb the monos are the way to go. The have more control and seperation than any of the other amps. The s series Is very musical and fun to listen to. I really never warmed up to the fpb 600 . It Is very clean Incredible control on the bass but never drew me In. So my opinon go with either fpb 250m 350m 650m Or the 200s 300s.