Krell KSA 300S or FPB 300?

Hello all on a-gon,

I'm looking to get into some Krell amplification. Right now I'm considering the 2 amps above. I would like to get some of your expert opinions as to which ya'll prefer and which you would recommend. I would also like to hear why you prefer & recommend your choices.

I'll provide some of our associated equipment without getting overly detailed...

Amplifiers: Musical Fidelity KW500 (Selling) & Legacy-Audio Monoblocs
Speakers: Infinity Prelude MTS' & Legacy-Audio Focus
Digital: Esoteric DV-60 & Marantz BD8002
Analog: TNT IV with mucho upgrades
Phono: X-Ono
Preamp: Legacy-Audio NexStep. Preamp replacing the NexStep: Krell Audio/Video Standard from a super fine fellow a-goner. Greg, thank you again for the AWESOME Krell!

So there's the condensed version of our equipment.

As far as musical taste... my wife and I enjoy the following. In no particular order...

Rock
Blues
Big Band
We'll... actually we like just about all genres except OPERA!!!
We also like our music as low as background and all the way up to concert levels whilst enjoying Several-Frosty-Beverages.

Oh wise one's... please grace me with your honest opinions.

I hope that gives you's guy's enough info to make a choice/recommendation.
If any other information may help you with your recommends please let me know.

Thanks,

Skip
128x128joysjane

Showing 1 response by analogluvr

Krell1 you have hit the nail on the head. people keep comparing the 200s to things but the one you need is the 300s. Completely different from the 200s and the boys at Krell weren't lying to you. The tranformer size is amost double which gives you bass and is especially important with difficult to drive speakers. The current controls the woofer panels, if you don;'t have enough the speaker will sound sloppy and muddy on complex passages. Lok at the weight of the amps. The 300s approsches 200 pounds while the fbp is only about 150.
Go for the 300s. it is also the better buy as many people are misinformed. Completely different from 200s.
Cheers