Krell KSA 250 amps

I have 2 Krell KSA 250 amps that were recently bench tested that had been in storage for 10+ years. Each amp had a cap overheat and in the identical place on the input circuit boards. I am trying to sell these amps and realize I have to drop my price or get them repaired. Does anyone have info on what to ask for 2 non functioning amps. I have had an offer so low I can't accept it. Any help or info appreciated. Estimate from Krell is between 600-800/amp. Question is fix or part it out.
frenetical

Showing 1 response by frenetical

I appreciate all the advice. I have an offer but still not high enough. My curiosity is getting the best of me. If it costs between 600-800 or even 1000 buying these amps at 750 to 1000 one could have arguably one of the premier amplifiers for between 1600 to 2100. If I had the room I would have them fixed. I know there are unknowns with all stereophile equipment and that amp that you buy from any online dealer may give up the ghost pretty quickly. I don't want to spend the money and then give them away. This doesn't make financial sense. If one is in the buying and trading business then these amps wouldn't make financial sense. If you are interested in having a wonderful system it makes sense. Apparently no one wants to take the chance with shipping costs---could be shipped directly to Krell when bought or possibly the amp is major league trashed--unlikely. They were pallatized when moved in original boxes and stored in a climate controlled environment. If I send them to have them fixed I am going to have charge more for these as these will be reconditioned amps. I am sure there will be many disagreements with my take but so be it. I will be posting pictures on another site.